What I do here gives me some English resort of the world, TV program, aspiring tour guide between ridiculous and pretentious. On the other hand, I think it's not bad that instead of looking for elements that stand out (which is what we make of those who write), do not stand out at all, be a English woman in the world (for Madrid this case), a TV show, a brochure, a tour guide with aspirations between ridiculous and pretentious.
In a previous post I mentioned a blog cojo, Urban Idade: reports urban networks, administered by someone who calls Enrique Fidel. I said, if I dared, I would write. Well, I did, and luck: EF today who told me to call him K., but here is Urban, has made me stroll through Tetouan.
is rare to meet someone who has not seen in your life. I only have done three times, and the feeling has been similar: that an all-always-end is possible (which is not far not come to my mind, which needs strong incentives to stay alert). Then end nothing happens, but this time the meeting was very interesting. Urban is an expert in the northern part of the city. He says it's because he has always lived there. History is known, the names of the architects, the type of population that has rulado the neighborhoods. She said, "There's always something that at first glance you notice, and that's no fluke." Cuando descubrí su blog pensé que sus fotos eran las que yo haría, y hoy me faltó gritar eureka, pues aquel pensamiento (o más bien visión) no fue ninguna casualidad.
Además de lo catalogable en Wikipedia, archivos y demás, Urban es una suerte de descubridor de lo extraño, de aquello en lo que nadie repara, de lo que está a punto de extinguirse, de lo precario, de lo que no es digno de mención. De lo que a mí me interesa. Su búsqueda es the identity of the neighborhoods, which is like trying to keep the water in his hands, especially in Madrid, where there is more political than exploitation. That is: to conserve the center and let it degrade (for "best" build) the areas where tourists do not come or not politicians. Says Urban, who write useless desperate cases of people who resist going to demolish buildings, which is not retained for conservation, but to respect the land, not to let be destroyed. If instead of tear them down, have fixed the old buildings, perhaps we would have a healthier way of living, and neighborhoods would not give the impression of being mere storage of bodies.
The appointment was at the corner of McDonald's de Cuatro Caminos. Do not remember the order, and perhaps a bit Shifting Urban's words, but I do not care too much precision. First I pointed out a brick building at the roundabout. "That you will know what it is," and I said "yes", although I had no idea. I've been watching this building since I came to Madrid, and I've never wondered what the hell home. Urban has told me and, of course, and I forgot. I have no encyclopedic retention rate and / or scholarly and, again, I do not intend details here (that I would have to give Google all the time). I think in any case that the architect was the same as that of the Residencia de Estudiantes Antonio Flórez Urdapilleta (whose idea of \u200b\u200barchitecture was very much of the Free Institution of Education), and type of brick a foretaste of what we would see as an humble, including: the brick of a little over a century, with those who migrated to Madrid were built, sometimes their own homes, some of which are still standing (as Urban). Another of the buildings of the architect, very similar to the Central Hall and the residents Trasantlántico is the CEIP Jaime Vera, Bravo Murillo:
Beside other building apparently famous, which I had not noticed ever, the old cinema Europe, which today is this:
Callejas a while. First we see an aqueduct that is part of Canal de Isabel II, then arrived at the Avelino Street Montero Ríos, in which Urban wants to show a brick townhouses are well preserved:
He says, "Look at how small is the space. " In the street were knocked down one of these attached to erect a modern building which I like because it breaks a constructive environment, although of course that's not normal. Fuencarral already saw a building of this type, that is not the center or not this nerve. I guess that is an alternative to the type insipid mass building of neighborhoods:
Strolling a little more, we come to other two modest milestones: the home of Santa Maria Marceliano , a painter who lived not too bad, and if I mistake not, a building housing for workers in the Construction Charity , I think in the street Tenerife
We snuck into the building of the Construction Charity, which has a beautiful patio and prison:
The nearest Tetouan Cuatro Caminos is a hodgepodge of buildings of various kinds, in general, are well preserved. Urban tells me that in the 60 neighborhood was like in 1900, and he still remembers when all houses were low, similar to those of the street Pinos Alta, where there was a dance studio:
degradation is higher as we climb towards Plaza de Castilla. Urban tells me about the buildings occupied by professionals of the case, the squatters, for immigrant families. Walled up the doors and windows is useless, people break them and installed in homes:
This phenomenon is so common that the property be unemployed looking like they have to put up signs to warn hunters of roofs:
degradation in cold blood and a makeshift community garden on a plot:
We reached the
Thanks, Urban.
Angeles
0 comments:
Post a Comment