do not understand why I get the email of the blog, which is also my web page, advertising type (this should be a footnote: I do not understand, and even here Madrid are talking about is how someone takes the trouble to go collecting e-mail addresses of the websites or blogs to announce the following):
"We are communicating the Mall The Trough Madrid and wanted to inform you that since 15 April, the center conducts various activities to celebrate the release of the latest Tim Burton film, Alice in of Wonderland.
You customizarte on set makeup and hair to feel like one of the protagonists, and also take a picture with your new look. Oh, and also there is a contest of characterization, with you can earn gift cards for purchases of the trough. "
The day the book sent me Vallecas, a cultural center called The site of my pleasure in honor of Antonio Vega. This is a building covered by rusty panels, which the local people, as I said the bookstore, known as rust. I took a taxi, it was late, and by the road, crowning the village, I saw a bare hill I thought it had to be Uncle Pio. It is strange that piece of land with nothing (or nothing from the road), as if he had decreed to save a lot in place like a park. While Madrid are called parks to places that seem moors. Do I have an old idea, prepostpostmoderna, what is a park (= grass + trees)? For the record, I like these specimens, but because I suggest a comforting desolation.
The case: I got to humming the song Vallecas Antonio Vega, but then, when I left and got the oxidized a andar por el barrio, lo que sonaba en mi cabeza era En blanco y negro , de Barricada. Y desde entonces no ha parado de sonar. Dice cosas como ésta:
Tengo tiempo para crecer
la ciudad parece distinta
durante horas puedo ser capaz
de emocionarme en estas calles
y andar inmortal
aprendiendo cada esquina.
I just want to be faster than them
spoil everything day after day
and a while after coming home knowing
before the sun I say it is day.
almost never know where I am
day I do not care or address
you wonder what the hell am I doing here
willing to seek fight if necessary.
I know that is a wild dance
combat frown
see everything in black and white, black and white.
What's black and white story comes as follows: David and Martha took me to visit the Eugenia San Nicasio, a suburb of Leganes. I write this and it is as if he had stopped singing the chorus of the song Barricada. A downturn. Well, that is the first thing you like to come into Leganés: a total slump. Vallecas has history, or something that vibrates in the street. Leganés history seems to have nothing to vibrate in the street, but to be the epitome of some sort of catastrophe small, everyday, invisible and unworthy of being counted.
The Eugenia is the mother of Martha, and lives in an apartment crammed with absolutely everything capable of fitting into a humble dwelling and decorate the store window as humble, a neighborhood within the neighborhood, all a hundred, Chinese, counter and shelves where you can no longer even dust is cleaned, bathed in golden frames that have lost the gold. The Eugenia was very handsome young man, now viejuna, and the upper gum remaining two teeth (my mother also would be two teeth if it was not official, my grandmother is not any: he had pyorrhea). The Eugenia is plump, her hair as if it had been under a hand dryer, and moved with haste to the kitchen to the living room. He tells me that her mother Marta likes to entertain, despite that she does not sit at the table. This is the first time I hear that "no seat at the table." I guess it's a habit that still persists in some rural areas. Days later I learned that not This is only a matter puertohurraqueño and ancestral: Nere's grandmother, who was a matron of Bilbao, also sat at the table (the grandfather Nere, who did sit at the table, now appears in the kitchen , or so say the Colombians who have rented the house). The Eugenia comes from a town near Talavera. Leganés arrived to late twenties, and a few months he met the father of Martha. Dog has had a life that I will not tell here, but I do not think she reads blogs. What I'm going to count is the feast that we gave thanks to his industry: inbound, bicho pinchadito olives on a stick and potato omelette and then rice with mushrooms and shrimp. For dessert, cheesecake (although I ate melon). Everything was great, Eugenia. And I'm glad that in the end, you sit at the table with us.
Marta arrived in the neighborhood of the Metrosur. The last time I took was in 2004. I remember because it was to introduce me to a competition which, thank God, I failed. San Nicasio has its season, I said M. before the train passed by half the neighborhood, and when she was a child playing near the track. Today all remains of what is this sign:
Boulevard spent on the old road is new and quiet, and your beds are full of flowers (as I write this I realize that it is the nicest thing I saw in Leganés, but not toured the area with thoroughness, but flâneur plan, which is always a dick so deep into the site .) David I said some buildings and I said that in the 70's and 80 could expect to live several families on a single floor, aluminum has done much damage in the urban landscape, that what characterizes Madrid and its surroundings is the profusion of labels. There are streets, he says, which is not otherwise. I would add: and air conditioning machines.
The Boys Town, which in the end it went, it seems the title of a novel Argentina, but it is a school for kids with problems who founded a guy I restless, they call Uncle Albert. Another benefactor of the town was Paquita Gallego, that worries me, and that apparently put a chair for the poor, why in the tour that bears his name stands the statue of poor eating a plate of beans (chickpeas, so I'm making this up). According to Wikipedia, is a San Nicasio neighborhood most traditional and most authentic Leganés. When one hears these words expect to find, at least, somewhat more than a century, but around here the most traditional is the development of Franco. From earliest times there are only a few shrines and the headquarters of Savoy, which has become the Universidad Carlos III. It also persists in being, or so it seems, under the house granite in which John of Austria was of extranjis.
Marta
What did while living in Leganes? I went to a bar called Iskariote. I went with her sisters on the track. He went to the town square and sat with her friends on a bench eating pipes and wait for one of the boys who sat on opposite banks asked him roll. I also remember what to ask for roll: in September, after returning to school, we told how we were asked during the summer roll, and also the times when we said yes, they were salted and flavored kisses shell pipes. I also remember the quiet of the clubs, which were only the heads of foreign cigarettes and illuminating paths describing briefly the face that was a drag.
I called attention to the clothes hanging in the windows
Or more precisely, I am struck by anyone taking the clothes, not a preteen spit in the panties that is going to be the grandmother. I was raised with that confidence that disgusting.
David and I were surprised that both Madrid and the belt are full of coastal buildings. I do not know if this is a perception that we were brought up by the sea, or whether the locals comment on how rare it is running into buildings as Leganes when you walk through Gandía or Benalmadena. The first time I had the impression of being in Torremolinos Madrid instead of going to the building was Santillana (this phenomenon occurs only after crossing the M-30). From the metro you have to climb a hill where ugly buildings, huge and surrounded by gardens suggest that the Mediterranean is just around the corner. Here's an example more modest, as befits Leganés:
says David: "The difference is that in Alicante today such a building would be empty." I do not ask why.
shown below some of the little things mentioned:
The horrible aluminum, of which David complains bitterly.
More clothes I shows that the trust does not have to suck.
A building walk Paquita Gallego.
proudly Graffiti neighborhood (which is a universal sign of a good result given what make a virtue of necessity.)
We finished the ride in the Feria de Abril de Leganés. We are already over and we are fearful of the hammer or the pirate ship. What fell was the wheel:
With so many laps then we did not dare to try the cocretas nor puntillitas. not listen to the Essence, who are these guys below the light.
Thank you, Martha and David. Thanks, Eugenia.
0 comments:
Post a Comment